Census Search Contest
Find comedian Bob Hope in the 1910
census and win a copy of the
current edition of
Family Tree Maker
Please read this entire page
before searching and sending a submission.
Date of birth
- 29 May 1903
Eltham, London, England, UK
Date of death
- 27 July 2003
Toluca Lake, California, USA.
- The determination of the winner is at the discretion of Michael
Neill. This will be determined based upon how likely it appears the
correct entry has been found given known biographical and historical
information about the person who is the focus of the contest.
- Winner will not be announced "immediately" upon submission, but
as soon as the correctness of the submission can be determined.
- First correct submission is the winner.
- Winners can win once every sixty days.
- Ancestry.com subscribers can search the 1910 United States Federal Census here.
- Your local Family History Center will have Ancestry.com--but you
probably can't spend hours using it to work on our contest.
- Your local library may have Ancestry.com--but you probably can't
spend hours using it to work on our contest.
- Your local library may have other online access to the
- Rootdig.com cannot provide you with access to the census.
- You can get a free trial at
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The email must include:
- Your name (mailing address not necessary until it has been
you are the winner).
- Your email address.
- The complete census citation,
which must include at least: state, county, enumeration district, page
number and line number. Subscribers to Ancestry.com can copy/paste the
image URL into an email. Your submission MUST contain a specific
citation that allows your submission to be easily checked.
- Any submission which does not include the complete citation will
be ignored. Even if the correct residence is in Sunflower County,
Missisippi, a more specific citation than Sunflower County, Mississippi
is necessary to win the contest.
- Winners will be notified by return email.